In Search Of the Perfect Beach

In Search Of the Perfect Beach
We found this one in Barbados three weeks back

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

METS at their new home CITI FIELD










































































I finally got to see the METS play in their new stadium Citi Field that replaced the old and now gone Shea Stadium.

My mom won four free tickets. She and Frank and my wife and I were seated out in left field in what I would call the bleacher seats. The crowd there was enthusiastic and though we lost in extra innings it was an exciting game.

The new stadium's structure was inspired by Ebbets Field, the home of the national League Brooklyn Dodges of whom many fans followed the METS years after they moved to California. See the comparison in the above photos. I do happen to recall my first and last visit ever to Ebbets field with my dad.
The Jackie Robinson rotunda was impressive in duplicating the feel of Ebbets Field yet putting the Citi Field Stamp on in.
We walked the stadium to get a better feel of it all. I liked the layout. There aren't dark tunnels and such that take one away from the play. In fact I felt like I was part of the action wherever I was including the men's room with excellent audio.
I checked out the Hall of Fame and thought it pretty cool to step up to the World Series Trophies on display along with rings, photos and much more. In the interest of profits the exit went through a huge shop selling METS gear and wear.
The inside of the park is open to the outside. It's much more open to the elements than Shea was. It happened to be true baseball weather last night with the unusually warm April temperatures in the eighties. The breezes going through the field level areas were perfect.
I thought the site lines to the field action excellent and loved that the wave could make its way around the full stadium. Ha, one wave rolled around three or four times including all levels before the action of the game took in our interests again.
I'm filling out a form to try and win more tickets to the park to see the Dodgers. Believe me, we more than payed our way with the last free tickets purchasing great food like pulled pork sandwiches, sausage and peppers, ice cream, and more...oh yes, I did have some beer too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 60ish fellow that loves life with his wife, children and grandchildren. My wife and I now travel as often as we can. The Caribbean is our favorite destination whether exploring an island for a couple of weeks or making stops here and there via cruise ships. At our age we have decided that looking for the perfect place to snorkel is our #1 goal in life. I've posted many travel reviews on the Internet that I hope to share them here on my blog.