In Search Of the Perfect Beach

In Search Of the Perfect Beach
We found this one in Barbados three weeks back

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sports Beans!! Ya gotta be kiddin!

I had my first and last taste of Jelly Belly brand Sport Jelly Beans. Yuk! is the word, is the word, is the word.

Last night my daughter asked me if I was available to babysit my grand daughter. I told her, Yes, and jokingly stated it would cost her ten jelly beans. A bit later my daughter came into the family room and tossed me a small orange package. The familiar Jelly Belly logo was in the corner and in big broad letters were the words, SPORTS BEANS Energizing Jelly Beans. Another tab stated Quick Energy for sports endurance. I had to laugh and say, "They gotta be kiddin!"

Unfortunately they weren't. I ran my fingers over the 1 ounce bag. My daughter was overpaying me. I felt thirteen jelly beans.

These sports jelly beans offer carbs, electrolytes and Vitamins B & C.  The print told me that i could  Energize with one pack 30 minutes before activity. Use additional beans as needed during activity to sustain energy level. Replenish with one pack after activity. Always consume with water.

The top ingredients include evaporated cane juice, tapioca syrup, orange juice from orange puree and a host of things like thiamine, riboflavin, vitamins and wax. Yup, Beeswax and Carnauba wax.

Pops and Sports Beans

Yeah sure, I'm about to gulp down a buncha jelly beans for energy. I'm gonna chew on these dozen or so beans as part of my training. Nope! It ain't gonna happen especially after tasting these things. They taste like medicine and are too chewy. The supposed orange flavour gives way to a musty, yucky sourish taste that lingers. I see why they state that you must have water with the product. That's to try and wash out the awful flavour from your mouth.

I do have to say that I did have much more energy as I sat on my couch watching TV. I was able to use the remote much more efficiently. Zip Zap I could move from station to station in nothing flat. I never did replenish for more energy afterward. I wasn't about to taste the stuff again.

Pops Last Word

The Jelly Belly Sports Bean comes in varied fruit flavours.

Perhaps it's the adolescent in me but, I gotta laugh every time I say the words, "Sports Beans." I suppose it's my thinking of " Beans, Beans, the musical fruit the more you eat the more you toot."

Jelly Belly brand Sports Beans...

I'll pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 60ish fellow that loves life with his wife, children and grandchildren. My wife and I now travel as often as we can. The Caribbean is our favorite destination whether exploring an island for a couple of weeks or making stops here and there via cruise ships. At our age we have decided that looking for the perfect place to snorkel is our #1 goal in life. I've posted many travel reviews on the Internet that I hope to share them here on my blog.