In Search Of the Perfect Beach

In Search Of the Perfect Beach
We found this one in Barbados three weeks back

Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Birthday Surprise






















Life's full of surprises. Saturday was my wife's 61st birthday. Our three daughters planned a breakfast for my wife at our home. It was delightful but my wife was disappointed that our two son's couldn't make the event. She likes to see all her children on special days.




Later my wife and I took a trip to the Vanderbilt Estate and Planetarium in Northport. I hope to post a review of it on my http://www0.epinions.com/user-popsrocks soon. One of my daughters helps operate the light shows they screen there daily. We enjoyed our hours on the grounds. At one point our oldest son made a phone call to us. He told us to stand at a particular point at the estate. He was on his boat and gave my wife a long distance wave as we saw a tiny image of him and his boat some couple a hundred feet down and several hundred away...Hey, at least she got to see him.



Later we walked more of the estate seeing dinosours, polar bears and much more. When we were finished, as the tour guides locked the doors behind us we walked to say goodbye to my daughter. As we turned a corner we saw a young child just under two years old walking by herself! It was our grand daughter! My other son was there with his family. All three children were with them. What a surprise for my wife. She got a hug and kiss and a card and gift from all of them.



We left all a bit later and then received another call from our "boat" son. Hey, why don't we meet up in Northport""...and we did. We had a wonderful evening dining at a fabulous Italian restaurant and my wife's wishes were complete. She "was very pleased to see all her children on her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 60ish fellow that loves life with his wife, children and grandchildren. My wife and I now travel as often as we can. The Caribbean is our favorite destination whether exploring an island for a couple of weeks or making stops here and there via cruise ships. At our age we have decided that looking for the perfect place to snorkel is our #1 goal in life. I've posted many travel reviews on the Internet that I hope to share them here on my blog.