In Search Of the Perfect Beach

In Search Of the Perfect Beach
We found this one in Barbados three weeks back

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A New Snorkeling Experience


My wife and I have been on a quest for discovering the perfect beach with nearby snorkeling in clear turquoise waters. We have been privy to sun, swim and snorkel the protected reefs of the Florida Keys, many Caribbean Islands and many points on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. There's nothing like swimming among natures fauna and flora for the two of us. My wife loves sea turtles and I enjoyed the thrill of reef sharks swimming within feet of me and actually brushing across my body. Feeding sting rays, searching for live conch for lunch, and swimming through a hundred yards of school fish only to suddenly be face to face with a barracuda gets the adrenalin flowing. We have watched sea horses and squid float in front of our noses and have free dived to see and feel giant star fish on white sandy ledges around small keys.

About three weeks ago we had a new experience snorkeling wrecks in Barbados. WOW!! five wrecks were in the area and on one less than clear day under the waters it seemed that the ghosts of the dead sailors from the Pirates of the Caribbean films were about to kidnap us and hold us for a ransom of treasure chest filled with gold and jewels.

Barbados offered more than we thought it would. I'd like to share my thoughts of that country in my next blog. I also hope to post "pops Top Ten Best Snorkeling Sites In the Caribbean." soon.

Off to watch American Idol...who will be leaving this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 60ish fellow that loves life with his wife, children and grandchildren. My wife and I now travel as often as we can. The Caribbean is our favorite destination whether exploring an island for a couple of weeks or making stops here and there via cruise ships. At our age we have decided that looking for the perfect place to snorkel is our #1 goal in life. I've posted many travel reviews on the Internet that I hope to share them here on my blog.